This competition is conducted in rounds. You must join a round at either the initial sign-up post or the first challenge and participate in every challenge (unless a skip is used) until you are either eliminated or declared the winner of that round. You are not able to join a round at any other interval. Once you are eliminated, you cannot participate until the next round.
01. You must register your interest in participating in the sign-up thread for the upcoming round.
02. You may submit only one icon per challenge, unless otherwise stated in the lowdown.
03. Your icon must meet LJ requirements - no larger than 100x100 pixels and 40kb in size.
04. Animated icons are permitted. Non-animated icons are permitted.
05. The entered icon must be totally original. This includes the cropping! Please do not use other people's bases.
06. Please don't post or use your icon anywhere until the challenge is over. Doing so will result in your disqualification.
07. Please don't ask your friends to vote for you.
08. We reserve the right not to accept your icon if it doesn’t follow challenge requirements.
09. Unless otherwise stated in a specific challenge, use of textures, non-text brushes, and blending is permitted.
10. While we feature groups of screencaps and/or photos of various types for the challenges, it's not necessary for you to stay within that theme when creating your icon.
All participants are provided with one skip upon sign-up. To receive a second skip, you must advertise shanks_lims. You must provide the link to the advertisement before the second skip is issued. No other skips are awarded.
01. Upload your icon to an image hosting service that allows direct linking (e.g., LJ Scrapbook, Photobucket, ImageShack).
02. Post both the image tag and URL (see below) as a reply to the challenge post. Comments are screened.
01. To vote you need to have either a Livejournal account or an open ID. No anonymous voting, sorry.
02. You do not have to be a participant to be eligible to vote. You may watch or join this community for the sole purpose of voting.
03. You are not permitted to vote for yourself.
04. You must vote for four icons: your two (2) least favorite (the entries you consider to be of lesser quality in technique) and your two (2) favorite (the entries you consider to be the best). You must provide a reason for your votes. Please remember that you are judging on technique, not personal preference. Reasons such as "I dislike this character" and "This icon doesn't match the theme" are not acceptable.
05. After voting has concluded and the weekly results have been announced, participants have the option of requesting their feedback (in a screened or unscreened comment).